Roberto Alesii, PhD
|Area:||Wireless Embedded Technologies|
|Phone:||+39 0862 434454|
|Fax:||+39 0862 434403|
Roberto Alesii received the laurea degree and Ph.D. in Electronic Engineer from the University of L'Aquila, Italy, in 2002 and in 2007, with title: Communication protocol design for short-medium range systems and wireless sensor networks design methodologies development.
In 2005 he won a Post-doctoral Researcher position at Department of Electrical Engineering, University of L''Aquila with title "Study, design and synthesis procedures and systems for aeronautical survillance".
In 2004 he was a co-founder and a member of the board of governors of the spin-off company WEST Aquila srl.
He collaborated, since 2002, and he is currently working as degree technical personal for the Centre of Eccellence DEWS.
Since 2002 he was a tutor for the thesis of a certain number of students of both Bachelor and Master Degree. He made some lessons for a refresher course in Technolabs, L'Aquila, and Thales, Chieti, about the WiMax Standard, and in Tecnologies, applications and services heterogeneous radio Master, about RFiD and NFC.
He also made seminars for the courses of Wireless Communications.
Also, he was worked as project manager for some WEST Aquila Srl, software defined radio, wireless system embedded and smart water monitoring projects, and he had a contract by the Center of Excellence DEWS for RFiD tag design with WSN integration.
He is the authors of papers published in various conference proceedings and he has been a reviewer for various international journals.
He is a member of the National Inter-University Consortium for Telecommunications (CNIT) in Italy.
- A. Piccioni, R. Alesii, F. Santucci and F. Graziosi, "SDR SAR Target: Corner Reflector and Communication," 2022 3rd URSI Atlantic and Asia Pacific Radio Science Meeting (AT-AP-RASC), Gran Canaria, Spain, 2022, pp. 1-4. doi: 10.23919/AT-AP-RASC54737.2022.9814344
- Á. L. Z. Sosa, R. Alesii and F. Santucci, "Cross-platform evaluation for Software Defined Radio GNSS receiver," 2022 3rd URSI Atlantic and Asia Pacific Radio Science Meeting (AT-AP-RASC), Gran Canaria, Spain, 2022, pp. 1-4. doi: 10.23919/AT-AP-RASC54737.2022.9814436
- A. Piccioni, R. Alesii, F. Santucci and F. Graziosi, "Software-defined Corner Reflector for Satellite SAR Systems," 2022 IEEE Aerospace Conference (AERO), Big Sky, MT, USA, 2022, pp. 1-7. doi: 10.1109/AERO53065.2022.9843608
- A. Piccioni, R. Alesii, F. Santucci and F. Graziosi, "SDR-Based Ground Target for Identification and Tracking through Satellite SAR Systems," 2021 IEEE Aerospace Conference (50100), Big Sky, MT, USA, 2021, pp. 1-10. doi: 10.1109/AERO50100.2021.9438499
- Valentini, P. Di Marco, R. Alesii and F. Santucci, “Cross-Layer Analysis of Distributed Passive RFID Systems Over Faded Backscattering Links”, in Proc. of IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC 2020).
- Valentini, P. Di Marco, R. Alesii and F. Santucci, “Exploiting Capture Diversity in Distributed Passive RFID Systems”, in Proc. of 10th Annual Computing and Communication Workshop and Conference (CCWC 2020), Las Vegas, USA, January 6-8, 2020.
- R. Valentini, R. Alesii, F. Santucci, M. Levorato, “Cross-Layer Analysis of RFID Systems with Correlated Shadowing and Random Radiation Efficiency“, in Proc. of IEEE International Conference on Communications 2019 (ICC 2019), Shanghai, May 20-24 2019.
- Roberto Alesii, Piergiuseppe Di Marco, Fortunato Santucci, Pietro Savazzi, Roberto Valentini, Anna Vizziello, Backscattering UWB/UHF hybrid solutions formulti-reader multi-tag passive RFID systems, EURASIP Journal on Embedded Systems 2016, Springer Open, May 2016
- Stefano Tennina, Roberto Alesii, Francesco Tarquini, Fabio Graziosi, Indoor Localization Solutions to Support Independent Daily Life of Impaired People at Home, IEEE ICC2016-Workshops: W06-Workshop on Advances in Network Localization and Navigation (ANLN), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, May, 2016.
- Roberto Alesii, Piergiuseppe Di Marco, Fortunato Santucci, Pietro Savazzi, Roberto Valentini, and Anna Vizziello: Multi-reader multi-tag architecture for UWB-UHF radio frequency identification systems. International EURASIP Workshop on RFID Technology (EURFID). Rosenheim, Germany. October 2015.