|Position: Post-doctoral researcher|
|Area: Automatic Control|
Phone: + 39 0862 702070
Fax: +39 0862 434403
I am a Post-doctoral Researcher at the Centre of Excellence for Research DEWS, University of L'Aquila, Italy. At the moment, my research is mainly focused on formal methods for analysis and control of networked systems.
After getting my high school diploma (2001), I received my Bachelor of Engineering degree (summa cum laude) and my Master of Engineering degree (summa cum laude) in Control Systems and Computer Science, from the University of L'Aquila (Italy), in 2004 and 2007, respectively. In March 2011, I got my Doctoral Degree in Electrical and Information Engineering from the University of L'Aquila, Italy (advisor: Prof. Maria Domenica Di Benedetto).
I spent six months in 2006-2007 at the Ford Research Center Aachen (Germany), working on Vehicle Control, for my Master Thesis. During my PhD Program, I have visited important universities and research institutes. In the academic year 2008-2009, I was a short-time visitor at the University of California, Berkeley (USA), working on hybrid modeling of two-people interaction. In 2009-10, I also spent nine months as a Visiting Research Scholar at the University of California, Santa Barbara (USA), in the group of Prof. Joao P. Hespanha, working on stochastic optimization, randomized algorithms and game theory, with application to the path planning of unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs).
My research is focused on modeling and control of hybrid and networked systems, nonlinear systems, game theory, randomized algorithms. Applications of my work are in Vehicle Control, Path Planning problems, Cognitive Radio Networks, Sensor Networks, Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs).
- G. Pola, A. Borri, M. D. Di Benedetto - Integrated design of symbolic controllers for nonlinear systems. IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, March 2012. To appear.
- A. Borri, G. Pola, M. D. Di Benedetto - A symbolic approach to the design of nonlinear networked control systems. Hybrid Systems: Computation and Control 2012. To appear.
- D. Bianchi, A. Borri , G. Burgio, M. D. Di Benedetto, S. Di Gennaro - Adaptive Integrated Vehicle Control using Active Front Steering and Rear Torque Vectoring. International Journal of Vehicle Autonomous Systems (IJVAS), Special Issue on Autonomous and Semi-Autonomous Control for Safe Driving of Ground Vehicles, Vol. 8, No.2/3/4, pp. 85-105, 2010.
- A. Borri, M. D. Di Benedetto, M.-G. Di Benedetto - Hybrid Modelling, Power Management and Stabilization of Cognitive Radio Networks. In Hybrid Systems: Computation and Control 2009, P. Tabuada and R. Majumdar Eds., Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) 5469, pp. 76-89, Springer-Verlag, Berlin Heidelberg, 2009.
- Level-1 member of the FP7 NoE HYCON2: Highly-complex and networked control systems (September 2010-present)