Fabio Graziosi, PhD - Associate Professor
|Phone:||+39 0862 434445|
|Fax:||+39 086243 4403|
Fabio Graziosi (IEEE S'96-M'97) was born in L'Aquila, Italy, in 1968. He received the Laurea degree (cum laude) and Ph.D. degree in Electronic Engineering from the University of L'Aquila, L'Aquila, Italy, in 1993 and 1997, respectively. Since February 1997 he has been with the Department of Electrical and Information Engineering, at the University of L'Aquila, where he currently holds the position of Associate Professor in Communications Systems. The research activity led to more than 150 publications on international journals and conferences on the themes:
- handover management in mobile radio communication systems;
- personal communication systems based on packet and code division multiple access techniques;- signal-to-interference ratio analysis in mobile radio systems;
- ad-hoc networks e wireless sensor networks;- ultra wide band communication systems;
- - cooperative communications;
- - cognitive radio;
- - network coding techniques.
He is active also on scientific research promotion and management and technologic transfer, its activities can be summarized as follows:
- - he has been/is involved in various National and European research projects on wireless communications (e.g. "IST- 2001-38314 COLUMBUS: Design of Embedded Controllers for Safety Critical Systems", 2002-2004; “Network of Excellence: HyCON”, 2004-2008; “Network of Excellence Hycon2”,2010-2014, “Marie Curie Initial Training Networks (ITN)”, Call: FP7-PEOPLE-ITN-2009, 2011-1014);
- - he has been a reviewer for major technical journals in telecommunications (e.g. IEEE Trans. on Communications, IEEE Trans. On Wireless Communiations, IEEE Communications Letters, IEEE Trans. on Vehicular Technology, IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, Kluwer Wireless Personal Communications, IEEE Multimedia) and international conferences on telecommunications;
- - he served as session chairman in various international conferences on telecommunications;
- - he is member of the Executive Committee of the Center of Excellence in Research DEWS (Design methodologies for Embedded controllers Wireless interconnect and System on chip);
- - he is member of the Executive Committee of the Research Center in Seismic Engineering CERFIS;
- he serves as Chairman of the Board of Directors of WEST Aquila Srl (Wireless Embedded Systems Technologies (L'Aquila), a Spin-off R&D Company of the University of L'Aquila and Center of Excellence DEWS, founded in December 2004.
He acts as Delegate of the Rector of the University of L’Aquila (2007-2012) by coordinating the development of:
- local data and telephonic networks and related services;
- electronic mail development;
- IT security.